Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
Principle Investigator (PI): Jirut Meesane, Dr.Ing.
Research of Interests:
• Biomedical Materials and tissue engineering
We consider utilizing biopolymers from natural resource to enhance the performance for using into biomedical materials: inject, gel, 2D, and 3D scaffold as artificial extracellular matrix for tissue engineering. Protein and polysaccharide was fabricated into scaffold. Structural formation, functionality, properties was emphasized.
• Biomimetic strategy for fabrication of biomedical materials
In our research, biopolymers was fabricated into scaffold as artificial extracellular matrix for tissue engineering. Biomimetic strategy was used for scaffold fabrication and modulation of artificial extracellular matrix. The structural formation of polymers during fabrication was considered. We search for the condition to enhance the performance of scaffold.
• Bionanotechnology for medical application
Self-assembly of biopolymer was considered into nano-scale. Structural formation of fibrillar proteins was monitored and the mechanism of self-assembly was considered. To search self-assembly of biopolymer for medical application is the target of our research.
- Meesane J., Lode A., Gelinsky M., Pompe W., 1st CRTD Summer Conference on Regenerative Medicine, 2007, Dresden, Germany
- Meesane J., Lode A., Hanke Th., Gelinsky M., Pompe W. Novel collagen type I/methylcellulose membranes as scaffold for tissue engineering of skin, 8th Biomaterials World Congress, 28 May 2008–1 June 2008, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Meesane J.,Gelinsky M., Pompe W.,The role of methylcellulose as a nucleator and accelerator for self assembly of collagen type I, 22nd Conference of the European Colloid and Interface Society, August 31 – September 5, 2008, Cracow, Poland.
- Benjakul, S., Thiansilakul, Y., Visessanguan, W., Roytrakul, S., Kishimura, H., Prodpran, T. and Meesane, J. 2009. Extraction and characterization of pepsin solubilized collagens from the skin of bigeye snapper, Priacanthus tayenus and Priacanthus macracanthus. J. Sci. Food Agric.
- Meesane J., Lode A., Stamov D., Gelinsky M., Pompe W., Hybrid biomimetic scaffold of collagen type I / methylcellulose for skin regeneration 20th annual The Australasia Society for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering ASBTE, Conference celebrate 20 years 10th -12th February 2010, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Last Updated ( Monday, 04 February 2013 09:25 )